Tuesday, October 30, 2018

1933 Ford V-8

In the mid 1920s, Ford's refusal to replace the ancient Model T had made the once-dominant brand's customers easy pickings for General Motors and other car makers. But the introduction of the Ford V-8 in 1932 made the company an industry leader again. Powerful and affordable, there had never been anything like the 221 c.i. flathead V-8. In the worst year of the Depression, this car was still in great demand. While Chevy would remain Ford's arch-rival, that car did not get an 8-cylinder engine until 1955.
* The grill on the '33 Ford has been called the most beautiful ever made.
* Arch-criminals Bonnie and Clyde wrote a letter to Henry Ford praising the ability of their '34 V-8's ability to help them evade the law. "While I still have got breath in my lungs I will tell you what a dandy car you make. I have drove Fords exclusively when I could get away with one. For sustained speed and freedom from trouble the Ford has got every other car skinned, and even if my business hasen’t been strickly legal it don’t hurt anything to tell you what a fine car you got in the V8."




















No comments:

Post a Comment